Senior Officer, Programme- Gates Project, Senior Officer, Finance and Admin job at Society for Family Health (SFH) Nigeria January 2013
Vacancies: Senior Officer, Programme- Gates Project, Senior Officer, Finance and Admin
Society for Family Health (SFH) is one of the leading public health non-governmental organizations (NGOs) in Nigeria, implementing programmes in reproductive health HIV/AIDS prevention, and maternal and child health. SFH works in partnership with the Federal and State Governments of Nigeria, the British Department for International Development (DFID) and the United State Agency for International Development (USAID) among other international donors. We seek to recruit qualified persons as a result of growth in our organization. We offer professionals opportunities for career advancement, a good working environment and competitive remuneration. We require competent candidates for the following positions:
Position: Senior Officer, Programme- Gates Project (based in Gombe)
This position reports to the Gates Project Manager, The successful candidate will be primarily responsible for the coordination of FOMWAN volunteers in LGAs, wards and communities as well as the conduct of advocacy visits to Local Government Areas (LGAs) and Federation of Muslim Women Association of Nigeria (FOMWAN) Chapters, She must carry out identification and selection of FOMWAN volunteers and ensure the continuous update of the volunteer list. She will also conduct open community meetings and provide feedback to equipment members and stakeholders. She will contribute to the development of IEC materials/job aids for volunteers and communities. The successful candidate will conduct and participate in the training of all volunteers in LGAs and ensure that volunteers have required tools for service delivery. She will monitor the implementation of services within the home and ensure that FOMWAN documentation of activities correctly. She will coordinate and ensure implementation of quarterly review meetings among FOMWAN volunteers and SFH. She must work together with the Project Manager to collaborate with relevant government agencies as the Ministry of Health, Ministry of Women Affairs and LGAs, traditional and religious leaders.
The desired candidates:
Minimum Academic /Professional Qualifications required for the position:
- Must be a registered Nurse/Midwife. A degree in Nursing will be an added advantage.
- Must possess a minimum three (3) years experience in a health facility as a practicing Midwife
- Ability to speak and write fluently in Hausa and English is very relevant to this position.
- Must possess excellent planning and organizational skills, and experience in managing a civil society organization to work with minimum supervision
- Must have cognate skills in computer appreciation, and knowledge of community mobilization techniques will be essential to this position
- Must possess a high level of integrity
- Must have good communication and excellent interpersonal skills.
Position: Senior Officer, Finance and Admin (based in Lagos and Makurdi)
This position reports to the Territorial Manager. The successful candidate will be primarily responsible for the proper application of SFH and donor policies in the handling of finances and also ensure adequate records are kept safely and in any easily retrievable manner. The successful candidate will be responsible for sending financial reports to headquarters, assist in the drawing up of project budgets, as well as monitoring and recording of variances. In addition, s/he will reconcile all staff accounts and produce an ageing report. S/he will also analyse recruitments to ensure that all correct approvals and support documents comply with SFH policies. S/he will maintain staff files at the territories, update fixed assets registers and send admin/fleet reports of the territory monthly to the territorial manager.
- Minimum Academic Professional Qualifications required for the position
- Must possess a First degree (B.Sc/HND) in Accounts or any related field. ACA will be an added advantage
- Must possess minimum of three (3) years post NYSC working experience
- Must possess a broad knowledge of accounting software packages, especially Quickbooks and SAP
- Must possess excellent planning and organizational skills
- Must be able to work with minimal supervision and must possess a high level of integrity and responsibility
- Previous experience working at intermediate level in an NGO will be of added advantage.
Compensation & Benefits:
The compensation package for these positions is very attractive and designed to attract, motivate retain talented candidates
Method of Application:
A one page application letter (using the position reference as subject), be addressed to the Assistant Director-HR, clearly providing evidence of Competences required for the job, current remuneration, as well as a comprehensive Curriculum Vitae indicating clearly your valid telephone numbers, e-mail address and current contact address. This should be sent on or before 10th May 2012 to the email address beside the job you are applying for. Do note that any candidate with multiple submissions will be disqualified. Candidates without the minimum requirements need not apply. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
SFH is an equal opportunity employer
Female candidates are strongly encourage to apply.