Senior Officer, Monitoring and Evaluation ESMPIN, Senior Officer, Global Fund Project job at Society for Family Health (SFH) Nigeria January 2013
Vacancies: Senior Officer, Monitoring and Evaluation ESMPIN, Senior Officer, Global Fund Project
Society for Family Health (SFH) is one of the leading public health non-governmental organizations (NGOs) in Nigeria, implementing programmes in reproductive health HIV/AIDS prevention, and maternal and child health. SFH works in partnership with the Federal and State Governments of Nigeria, the British Department for International Development (DFID) and the United State Agency for International Development (USAID) among other international donors. We seek to recruit qualified persons as a result of growth in our organization. We offer professionals opportunities for career advancement, a good working environment and competitive remuneration. We require competent candidates for the following positions:
Position: Senior Officer, Monitoring and Evaluation ESMPIN (based in Ibadan)
This position reports operationally to the Territorial Manager with a dotted line reporting line to the deputy manager M&E (ESMPIN) at the HQ. S/he will ensure that routine tracking, data collection and documentation are utilized to showcase progress on success of the project indicators and interventions. S/he will ensure that data collected from state level implementation are collated and entered expeditiously in the web based ESMPIN project management information system/DHIS and summaries included in all field activity quarter report submissions. S/he will furthermore oversee the tracking, analyzing and reporting of data on the various components of the ESMPIN project. The desired candidate will be required to implement the projects performance management plan, which includes participating in studies, surveys and all related data and information collecting activities for the project. Collating data and conduction, monitoring visits to project sites in the relevant states in the supervisory region will be a key deliverable for this position. The Job holder will also conduct data quality checks on all project data collated from the SFH-wide MIS and those entered into the DHIS from relevant states, track project performance indicator data related to relevant states and disseminate M&E data and information regularly to stakeholders. Building the capacity of SFH project partner organizations, CSOs/CBOs and other stakeholders to implement M&E is also a requirement of this position.
Qualifications/Experience: The desired candidate
- Must possess a first degree in the Physical/Medical/Behavioural or Social Sciences
- Must possess a minimum of three (3) years post NYSC working experience in implementing the monitoring and evaluation of health programmes
- Must have considerable expertise in mixed-methods (qualitative and quantitative) M&E and research
- Must have intermediate knowledge of SPSS or STATA or Epi-info/CSpro while the knowledge of DHIS, MS-Access or other compatible database software will be of added advantage
- Must have experience in conducting monitoring visits, utilizing checklist and other tools including the ability to develop tools required for this position
- Must have excellent interpersonal, communication and presentation skills
- Must have excellent report writing skills and be able to work with minimal supervisions.
Position: Senior Officer, Global Fund Project (Based in Kano and Gombe)
This position reports to the Territorial Manager Kano. The successful candidate will be primarily responsible for providing technical, logistic, administrative support and assist in coordinating the implementation of GF HIV counseling and testing (HCT) activities in the territory. As Senior Officer HCT, the successful candidate will work with the Manager HCT to implement GF-HIV programme strategies on counseling and testing services in all selected Health Facilities. Futhermore, S/he will work with the state governments and other partners to ensure compliance to National Guidelines and International (WHO) standards in the provision of quality HCT services. S/He will also participate in the implementation of Health System Strengthening (HSS) activities including manpower development and training of health personnel for HIV/AIDS prevention, treatment care an support programme. The candidate will provide support to ensure the availability of National HCT tools for data collection and retrieval at the various Health Facilities.
S/he will be responsible for the management of health commodities supplied to the states through the Global Fund HIV project. In addition, s/he will provide support in ensuring timely submission of quality report on HIV counseling and testing services to global Fund on monthly and quarterly bases respectively. The successful candidate will also be require to work with the HCT Manager to provide support in the development or budgets and work plan for all GF-HIV activities.
Qualification and Experience
- Minimum Academic/Professional Qualifications required for the position
- Must possess a first degree in Science/Medical/Biological Sciences/Public Health or its equivalent in a relevant field is required. A master degree in a relevant field will be an added advantage
- Must possess a minimum of five (5) years experience in implementing HIV testing and counseling in a health facility
- Must possess excellent planning and organizational skills
- Must be able to work with minimal supervision
- Must have cognate skills in computer appreciation
- Must possess a high level of integrity
- Must have good communication and excellent interpersonal skills.
Compensation & Benefits:
The compensation package for these positions is very attractive and designed to attract, motivate retain talented candidates
Method of Application:
A one page application letter (using the position reference as subject), be addressed to the Assistant Director-HR, clearly providing evidence of Competences required for the job, current remuneration, as well as a comprehensive Curriculum Vitae indicating clearly your valid telephone numbers, e-mail address and current contact address. This should be sent on or before 10th May 2012 to the email address beside the job you are applying for. Do note that any candidate with multiple submissions will be disqualified. Candidates without the minimum requirements need not apply. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
SFH is an equal opportunity employer
Female candidates are strongly encourage to apply.