Senior Officer, Internal Audit, Assistant Director, Research job at Society for Family Health (SFH) Nigeria January 2013
Vacancies: Senior Officer, Internal Audit, Assistant Director, Research
Society for Family Health (SFH) is one of the leading public health non-governmental organizations (NGOs) in Nigeria, implementing programmes in reproductive health HIV/AIDS prevention, and maternal and child health. SFH works in partnership with the Federal and State Governments of Nigeria, the British Department for International Development (DFID) and the United State Agency for International Development (USAID) among other international donors. We seek to recruit qualified persons as a result of growth in our organization. We offer professionals opportunities for career advancement, a good working environment and competitive remuneration. We require competent candidates for the following positions:
Position: Senior Officer, Internal Audit (based in Abuja)
The position reports to the Manager, Internal Audit, The successful candidate will be responsible for the review of SFH internal control system and compliance with SFH, donor and statutory rules and regulations and audit of head office and field office operations, S/He will also be responsible for conducting financial reviews and audits of sub-recipients /sub-contractors. The responsibilities will require the internal auditor to travel within the country at a minimum of 30% of the time.
The desired candidate:
- Must possess a B.Sc or HND in Accounting or any related field plus ACA.
- Must possess minimum three (3) years post NYSC working experience in a reputable accounting/auditing firm or NGO
- Must be proficient in the use of MS Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint at a minimum)
- Knowledge of Enterprise Resource Planning Software (SAP) preferred.
- Must possess high level of integrity
- Must have excellent interpersonal, communication and presentation skills.
Position: Assistant Director, Research (based in Abuja)
This position reports to the Director of Technical Services and provides strategic and operational leadership to SFH Research & Evaluation (R&E) strategies at the national level. S/He will provide technical leadership to a team of researchers on theories, strategies and approaches to research and evaluation and provide evidence to guide decision making in the implementation of HIV Malaria and Maternal and Child Health Projects as outlined in R&E strategies and national research agenda.
SFH provides significant support to government at various levels in the area of research and evaluation. The successful candidates must be comfortable working at the highest level with government, multilaterals and NGO partners in the development of research agendas, monitoring of national and state level indicators and providing support to conduct large scale national and state level surveys. In addition, s/he will build the capacity of SFH staff, and government partners at the national level in programme evaluation, ensuring the availability and use of monitoring, evaluation and surveillance data for programme planning, evaluation, and policy advocacy.
The desired candidates:
- Must possess a minimum of a Master Degree in Demography, Public Health, Epidemiology or Biostatistics/Statistics.
- Must have at least ten (10) years progressive experience in STI/HIV/MCH/RH related surveillance and/or research with wide ranging knowledge of research methodologies
- Must have proven experience working in a fast paced non-governmental environment, and also with a variety of donors, with in-depth understanding of their research and evaluation approaches, systems and indicators.
- Must have in-depth experience in preparing research for publications and presenting research findings to public health and policy specialists, media and the general public. The successful candidate must show evidence of published peer reviewed articles in scientific journals.
- Must have at least five (5) years cognate experience in planning and facilitating training for different cadres of staff in research methodologies, analysis and interpretation
- Must be able to effectively use SPSS, Epi-INFO or STATA at advanced level.
- Must have provided high level technical support to the planning, implementation, and reporting of large national surveys, and operations research.
- Must have excellent interpersonal, communication, presentation skills, and report writing skills.
Compensation & Benefits:
The compensation package for these positions is very attractive and designed to attract, motivate retain talented candidates
Method of Application:
A one page application letter (using the position reference as subject), be addressed to the Assistant Director-HR, clearly providing evidence of Competences required for the job, current remuneration, as well as a comprehensive Curriculum Vitae indicating clearly your valid telephone numbers, e-mail address and current contact address. This should be sent on or before 10th May 2012 to the email address beside the job you are applying for. Do note that any candidate with multiple submissions will be disqualified. Candidates without the minimum requirements need not apply. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
SFH is an equal opportunity employer
Female candidates are strongly encourage to apply.