NGO JOBS IN NIGERIA AT SAVI-NIGERIA may 2012
The State Accountability and Voice Initiative (SAVI) is one of five State Level Programmes (SLPs) funded by DFID designed to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of public resource use in selected states in Nigeria. SAVI is currently working in Enugu, Jigawa, Kaduna, Kano, Katsina, Lagos, Yobe and Zamfara States with the Programme head quarters in Abuja. SAVI is recruiting qualified candidates to fill the position of an additional State Programme Officer in 5 of the SAVI state offices: Enugu, Jigawa, Kaduna, Kano and Lagos.
- State Programme Officer
SAVI is Equal Opportunity Employer (which includes people living with disability). The Terms and Conditions of employment are commensurate with the levels of responsibility and experience.
– University degree or other relevant educational background combined with relevant working experience (field as well as desk based) within the specified state or surrounding region.
– Minimum of 5/10 years experience in working with CS, State House of Assembly (SHoA), the Media language of the specified state fluently, Proactive approach and the ability to think “outside the box when developing solutions and strategies, independent, self-driven; able to handle multi-tasks with detail-minded, ad passionate about the development of the specified state.
– Support to the State Team Leader (STL) to facilitate technical delivery of the state programme, through the state team, as a team, including inputs from local, national & international advisers/consultants
– Manage delivery of delegated technical support to CS, Media, SHoA, through programme initiatives and advocacy partnerships (APs) including AP budgeting and financial retirements during their incubation period
– Provision of direct technical support (empowerment-based capacity building inputs) to partners as required
– Support to STL with process/Progress monitoring, reporting documentation dissemination, etc
– Support to STL in engagement with local programme over site bodies and other development partners
– Monitor the political, security and economic environment which could impact on SAVI’s work through the media and other sources of information
– Preparation of a regular typed note on progress against state programme activities, to be presented at SAVI staff meetings. The monthly progress update note should bullet point achievements for that period and main activities for the next month (with dates)
– Monitor and report performance of advocacy projects, participate in strategy development as well as developing case study of results every quarter
– Support the STL in budget forecasting for the coming quarter
– Further development and management of both paper and computer-based filing systems for records relating to each initiative/advocacy partnership responsible for, including printed copies of all key partners notes, emails, documents, relevant information and activities.
– Candidates with knowledge and experiences in Public Finance Management, Budget Process at State and LGAs, Budget Tracking, Project Monitoring background will have added advantage.
– Candidates with knowledge and experiences in Gender & Social Inclusion/budget tracking and project monitoring background will have added advantage.
– Candidates with knowledge and experiences in Public Finance Management, Budget Process at State and LGA, Budget Tracking, Project Monitoring and Conflict Mitigation and Peace Building background will have added advantage.
– Candidates with knowledge and experiences in Media Development and Media Relations, Gender and Social Inclusion or policy advocacy and communication background will have added advantage.
Lagos- Candidates with knowledge and experiences in M&E, Media Development and Media Relations and Gender & Social Inclusion background will have added advantage.
METHOD OF APPLICATION
All CVs, accompanied with an application letter stating the preferred location must be sent to the following to: firstname.lastname@example.org on or before 7th May 2012 by 1.00pm. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted