Director Physical Planning Unit job at Federal Polytechnic, Nekede, Owerri Nigeria January 2013
Applications are hereby invited from suitably qualified candidates for the vacant position of Director Physical Planning Unit in the Federal Polytechnic, Nekede, Owerri.
Position: Director Physical Planning Unit
- The Director, Physical planning Unit oversees all physical developments in the
- Polytechnic. His duties include the following:
- Initiating, coordinating and processing of tender documents for all capital projects in the Polytechnic,
- Reporting regularly and periodically to all agencies and parastatals charged with monitoring projects in the Polytechnic,
- Articulating the Institution’s project budgetary needs and defending same as and when called upon to do so.
- Liaising on behalf of the Polytechnic with external agencies, e.g TETF unit.
- Federal Ministry of Education, National Board for Technical Education and others
- as necessary for execution of the Polytechnic Projects,
- Administering all capital projects within the Polytechnic, including vetting of designs by external consultants, conduct of site meetings and preparation of progress report on projects,
- Regulating physical development within the Polytechnic and ensuring
- compliance with the Institution’s master plan.
- Reporting to the Rector on all projects and activities of the physical planning unit.
Method of Application
- Applicants are to attach to the applications twenty (20) typewritten copies of their
- Curriculum Vitae, giving the details in the following order.
- Full Name with surname underlined
- Date and place of birth
- State of origin/local Government
- Marital Status
- Number and ages of children
- Current postal address including telephone number and e-mail
- Educational institutions attended with dates
- Academic/professional qualifications obtained with dates
- Membership of Professional Bodies/Associations
- Academic/scholarly publication (in standard format)
- Previous employer(s) and post(s) held with dates
- Present Employment including status and salary
- A statement of his/ her own vision for the Polytechnic in the 21st century
- Names and addresses of three(3) Referees (Employer, Educational and Personal) who are to forward confidential report on the applicants directly to the Registrar/Secretary to Council, Federal Polytechnic Nekede, Owerri. Such Referees should be able to attest to the candidate’s claim to high academics managerial and leadership capabilities as well as their notable uptightness.
Qualities and Qualifications
The candidate for the post is expected to possess the following academic qualifications and personal qualities.
- A good degree/HND from a University or Polytechnic in Architecture, or Civil Structural Engineering, or Quantity Surverying or Town Planning with a minimum of 15 (fifteen) year post qualification experience.
- Must be registered with relevant professional bodies i.e CONREN, NSE for Civil/structural Engineers for a minimum of 5 (five) years,
- Must provide evidence of sustained professional practice and/or administrative
- Must be conversant with the Business of Public Procurement procedures and
- Must show evidence of involvement in construction and project management,
- Must be able work under pressure and meet short deadlines
- Must be an individual with impeccable character
- Must be proficient in information and Communication Technology, and able to use a standard design and draughting software, e.g ARCHICAD or AUTOCAD
- Must not be more than 50 (fifty) years of age. Except those from schedule service.
Terms of Appointment and Conditions of Service
The appointment is for a term of four years in the first instance and renewable subject to satisfactory performance, for another term of four (4) years and no more. The salary is consolidated and the appointee shall enjoy other benefits of the office as may be approved from time to time by the Federal Government
All applications should be addressed to:
Federal Polytechnic, Nekede
Application should be submitted on or before 7th June, 2012.