Clinical Advisor (Pediatrics), Director, Prevention, Technical Support Services job at a Non-governmental Organization Nigeria January 2013
Vacancies: Clinical Advisor (Pediatrics), Director, Prevention, Technical Support Services
We are a leading and reputable nongovernmental organization providing technical assistance in support of implementation of comprehensive family-focused HIV/AIDS prevention, care and treatment in partnership with the NGOs and different tiers of the Government of Nigeria- national, state, local and site levels. In line with the broadened scope and objectives of our work, the need for increased staff capacity around new and enlarged areas of focus have emerged. We therefore require the services of resourceful, experienced and dynamic professionals for the following positions:
Position: Clinical Advisor (Pediatrics) Abuja
Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Provides technical guidance and clinical expertise in pediatrics HIV/AIDS care and treatment and PMTCT
- Work closely with the technical unit to provide technical assistance to partners and guide the development of innovative pediatric initiatives of partners to support facility level program operations including pediatric HIV testing, care and treatment of HIV infected infants, children and adolescents.
- Provide technical assistance in the training and supportive supervision of site clinicians providing pediatric palliative care, antiretroviral treatment, counseling and adherence support.
- Medical Degree (MD preferred).
- Robust clinical experience in HIV/AIDS care and antiretroviral treatment ( 5 years preferable).
- Excellent grasp of clinical issues and current literature in HIV/AIDS treatment.
- Experience in developing country health care programs.
- Experience in clinical management of pediatrics HIV cases would be a distinct advantage.
Position: Director, Prevention, Technical Support Services (Abuja)
Email Address: email@example.com
- Maintains responsibility for the coordination of all technical programs (PMTCT and other preventions, HCT, TB/HIV, ART, lab, M&E) and Technical Assistance activities of the organization. He/She is responsible for the design, implementation, evaluation, and analysis of program activities as well as the supervision of all technical staff.
- Continually identifies TA needs and develops and standardizes the package for Technical Assistance implementation in line with national guidelines and international best practices
- Designs continuous quality improvement tools for periodic assessment of Technical Assistance provided to Technical partners.
- Coordinate capacity building sessions for technical staff to ensure optimal Technical Assistance is provided to partners.
- Provides TA in the review and development of training materials, Innovative strategies, Quality of service delivery, Tools Development.
- Advanced Medical Degree (MD) and appropriate licenses;
- 7 plus years experience in developing country health care programs; in care and treatment of HIV/AIDS patients;
- Excellent grasp of clinical issues and current literature in HIV/AIDS treatment; Experience in clinical training;
- Strong supervisory and management skills;
- Ability to work independently with strong problem-solving skills and ability to foresee problems and initiate appropriate action;
- Computer literacy.
All positions require candidates that are proficient in the use of Microsoft Office. Computer applications and Internet navigation/ Emails.
Significant amounts of travel are required for all positions.
Commitment to and understanding of Organization’s vision, values and principles including rights-based/gender approaches would be an added advantage.
How to Apply
Interested candidates should apply by email with CV and a suitability statement as Microsoft Word attachments to the specific emails indicated for each vacancy position (listed below) on or before 10th May, 2012 n.
Positions and Respective Email Addresses:
- Clinical Advisor (Pediatrics) : firstname.lastname@example.org
- Director, Technical Support Services:email@example.com
The subject of the email should be the Position title and the applicant’s full name e.g. HR & Admin Coordinator -Maria John. Applications not sent in this format will NOT be processed. Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
Terms of Employment
The organization offers highly competitive salary packages for all positions in the organization. However, appointments for each of these positions will be subject to a probationary period. Local terms and conditions are applicable. All positions are subject to availability of funds.
All applications must be received on or before 10th May, 2012