Director, Physical Planning Unit job at University of Technology, Yola, Adamawa State Nigeria January 2013
Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates for the position of the Director, Physical Planning Unit Modibbo Adamawa University of Technology, Yola, Adamawa State.
Position: Director, Physical Planning Unit
The Director of Physical Planning Unit is the Head of Physical Planning Unit of the University and is responsible for the Vice Chancellor for the day to day running of the Department. Other functions of the Director include:
- The candidate is responsible for the development of a Master plan for the physical development of the University
- Design and supervision of implementation of all physical development projects of the university
- Preparation and analyzing of tenders documents for the University
- Coordination of physical development of the University to ensure equity and quality of all physical projects execution
- Any other responsibilities to be assigned to the Director by Governing Council and the Vice Chancellor.
Qualification and Experience
- The candidate must possess a good second class degree in Architecture, Building and any other relevant fields, with a minimum of fifteen (15) years post qualification cognate working experience. Possession of Masters degree in relevant field would be an added advantage.
- Candidate must be registered member of an appropriate professional body
- Candidates must be information and Communication Technology (ICT) proficient All applicants for the position should be ready to undergo a test based on the responsibilities above.
- Candidate must be sound physical and mental health
- The candidate must be a person of high integrity and unquestionable character.
Salary and Condition of Service
The salary is as approved for Directors of Physical Physical Planning Units in Nigerian Universities. The duration of the appointment is as specified in the University law as amended.
Method of Application
Interested candidates should forward their applications and 20 copies of their current curriculum vitae signed by them, giving the following information.
1. Full names, current postal address,
2. Place and date of Birth
4. State of Origin
5. Marital Status
6. Number and ages of children
7. Educational Institutions attended with dates
8. Qualifications obtained with dates
9. Details of previous & current appointments with dates
11. Names and addresses of three (3) Referees, one of whom must be the Chief Executive/Head of Department of the Applicants present employer.
Candidates should request their Referees to forward reports to the Vice Chancellor, attesting to their character, integrity and capability of the candidate to the position applied for envelop for the report should be sealed and marked “Confidential” to be addressed to:
The Vice Chancellor
Modibbo Adama University of Technology
P.M.B 2076, Yola
Adamawa State Nigeria.
All applications and referee reports must reach the Vice Chancellor on or before 7th June 2012.
Only shortlisted applications will be acknowledge