Head, Internal Control/Audit, Internal Control /Audit Manager job at Pension Fund Administrator Nigeria January 2013
Vacancies: Head, Internal Control/Audit, Internal Control /Audit Manager
We are a Pension Fund Administrator. To sustain and enhance our strategic position, exceptional opportunities exist result – driven individuals to join our team of dedicated workforce in the following positions:
Position: Head, Internal Control/Audit- Ref: EM101
- Manages operational risks and safeguards the assets and capital of the organisation through the development and implementation of adequate internal controls.
- Monitors adherence to stipulated internal control procedures so as to minimize Josses due to fraud.
- Develops, reviews and updates operational risk-mitigation and fraud prevention strategies.
- Evaluates and assesses adequacy and quality of controls.
- Ensures company-wide compliance with established policies and controls and ensures that violations are thoroughly investigated,
- Assesses and addresses Electronic Database Processes (EDP) risks and controls.
- Monitors and ensures reconciliation of all suspense transactions and accounts.
- Monitors cash, inventories and other assets position of the organisation.
- Prepares memos and reports to Board Audit Committee on frauds, losses and inspection reports.
- Recommends appropriate solutions on cases of fraud or loss, obtaining new system and improving operational procedures and policies.
- Ensures the implementation of approved changes to procedures and operations.
- Monitors that authorized users have the required and approved access levels on the application database.
- Supervises departmental audit inspections.
- Vets and recommends for approval all company policies, procedures, controls and major operational decisions.
- Vets and approves departmental budgets and expenses.
University Degree in a Business related discipline.
Recognized Professional Financial Certification (Either of the following namely: ACA, ACCA, CPA).
Minimum of 14 years post qualification experience of which at least 10 must have been in the Financial Services Sector and 5 years of Top/Senior Management Experience.
Assistant General Manager
Position: Internal Control /Audit Manager -Ref: EM102
Appraises the integrity of the company’s IT systems and internal control procedures and assure minimal disruption of operations
Monitors company-wide operational risks level.
- Assesses company-wide adequacy of/adherence to company’s stipulated internal control procedures and policies
- Evaluates the adequacy of IT systems, raises issues or concerns and makes recommendations as appropriate
- Monitor’s user-access levels on the application database
- Conducts reconciliation/audit of operational transactions and suspense accounts as required.
- Participates in special investigations and periodic audit of company-wide expenses, finances and assets.
- Makes recommendations to the Head, Internal Control & Audit on process improvement.
University First Degree in Accounting or any related discipline.
ACA or ACCA is required.
Minimum of 8 years post qualification experience of which at least 6 must have been in the Financial Services Sector.
How to Apply
If you meet the above requirements, please forward your Application and Curriculum Vitae quoting the reference number on the top right – hand corner of your Curriculum Vitae and as subject of the email to email@example.com
Closing date for applications is 18th May, 2012.
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.