Young Professionals Program (YPP) 2012 jobs at African Development Bank nigeria
The African Development Bank Programme is currently accepting applications for the 2012 Young Professionals Program (YPP). The Young Professionals Program (YPP) at the African Development Bank Group aims at attracting highly qualified and motivated professionals from its member countries, who are committed to African development, have demonstrated outstanding academic and professional achievement, as well as effective team work and leadership potential.
Through the YPP, the Bank aims to ensure continuity and excellence in both the management of its projects and the provision of policy advice to its regional member countries. Young Professionals have the opportunity to work across the continent and be at the forefront of exciting Bank initiatives that are helping to shape Africa’s future.
AfDB Young Professionals Program (YPP) 2012
The YPP targets motivated and talented young professionals (maximum age 32) who are committed to making a difference on the African continent and who will spend between two and three years of their professional career in a multicultural, and professionally stimulating environment at the African Development Bank.
The Bank seeks individuals skilled in the areas relevant to its operations, such as infrastructure, regional integration, private sector development, education, governance, health, social development, agriculture, climate change and environment, gender, and finance and risk management.
The Bank hires approximately twenty Young Professionals each year. Upon acceptance of offer and entry, these YPs complete a mandatory minimum of two and maximum of three rotational assignments in different organizational units and sectors within the AfDB.
The YPs will undergo on-the-job training that will prepare them for a successful and rewarding career path upon completion of the Program. It may be noted that completion of the Program does not guarantee a position within the AfDB.
The following established eligibility requirements guide the recruitment of the Young Professionals, and the Bank allows no exception from these requirements for any candidate:
- Citizen of a member country (regional or non-regional) of the Bank
- A maximum of 32 years of age as at 31 December of the selection year
- A minimum of a Master’s degree or equivalent in Economics, Engineering, Social Sciences, International Development, Business Administration, Finance or any discipline that is relevant to the business of the Bank
- Multi-disciplinary background and a minimum of three years relevant work experience
- Outstanding academic credentials (Please attach a transcript from your Master’s degree(s))
- Demonstrated commitment to development (field experience on the continent and/or in other developing countries is an added advantage)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English or French with a working knowledge of the other language (working knowledge of a third language that is relevant to the Bank’s operation in the African continent is an advantage)
- Ability/motivation to work in a multicultural work environment
- Demonstrated leadership potential (i.e. professional publications, activism in professional organizations, project leadership, entrepreneurship and volunteerism)
- Demonstrated strong analytical skills, dynamism, results-orientation, and problem-solving capability
Strategic InterestIn accordance with the Bank’s strategy, the strategic focus of the Bank lies within the areas of Infrastructure, Regional Integration and Trade, Governance, Private Sector and Higher Education.
Please note that applicants whom have not obtained their Master’s or equivalent Degree Certificates by the time the vacancy announcement closes will not be considered.
Applicants who have obtained one or more of their degrees from African Universities are highly encouraged to apply.
The Bologna Process has confirmed that under the new LMD system, the Maîtrise is not equivalent to the current Master’s degree in the French system. Accordingly, candidates who present equivalencies to the Master’s degree (in both the Anglo-Saxon and French systems), must provide written verification from the university or academic institution that confer the degree.
24th April 2012
How To Apply
Interested candidates should:
Click here for more information