Special Assistant on Communications and Media, Webmaster, Financial Bid Writer job at the First Lady of one of the South South States in Nigeria January 2013
Vacancies: Special Assistant on Communications and Media, Webmaster, Financial Bid Writer
The First Lady of one of the South South States in Nigeria is seeking Vibrant, energetic and creative individuals to take up the following positions:
Position: Special Assistant on Communications and Media (Ref: SACM)
- Speech writing
- Media relations and Media management
- Carry out any other support task as may be assigned
- The ideal candidate should have strong research, interpersonal, oral and written communications skills. He or she must be able to produce well researched impactful speeches for local and international audiences at short notice.
- The candidate should have excellent working knowledge of the Nigerian media including online media channels and should be able to leverage on existing relationships, and establish new ones towards ensuring effective and adequate coverage of the various activities and grassroots development initiatives of the First Lady and her NGO.
Interested candidates should email a copy of their CV with a digital passport embedded at the top of the CV and a draft copy of a speech presumed to be written for the First Lady, not more than 1,000 word on any woman, children and development related topic. The speech should have a heading , introduction, main content and conclusion. Use the job Ref SACM in your email subject line. Send your emails to firstname.lastname@example.org on or before 1st May 2012.
Position: Webmaster (Ref: No. WM)
- Build and manage an interactive website for the First Lady’s NGO
- Day to day content uploads to ensure effective user experience
- Website and Content Quality Control
- Deployment of social media tools and applications to support the work of the First Lady and the NGO
- Carry out any other related role as may be assigned
- The ideal candidate must be knowledgeable in emerging technologies
- Must have a service-oriented attitude with excellent problem solving and analytical skills. Ability to work independently, self-motivated, and highly focused.
- Ability to manage multiple projects with multiple priorities.
Interested candidates should email a copy of their CV with a digital passport picture embedded at the top of the CV. Please include links in your CV or websites and other internet projects you have executed. Use the job Ref WM in your email subject line. Send your emails to email@example.com on or before 1st May, 2012.
Position: Financial Bid Writer (Ref: FBW)
- Responsible for producing, writing and submitting high quality financial documents and bids to attract funds from donor/funding agencies locally and internationally to support the work of the First Lady’s NGO.
- Ensures bid proposals meet the bid specifications of donor agencies.
- Ensures bids are submitted on time according to the various donor agencies’ funding cycles
- Checks financial bid documents for readability, clarity, grammar, spelling, punctuation, sentence structure and formatting.
- The ideal candidate should have strong ICT, communication, numeracy/maths skills
- Good knowledge of Africa focused donor agencies and their funding cycles
- A self-starter capable of working with minimal supervision
Qualification and Experience
- Candidate must have a first degree in Accounting, Business Management and related disciplines
- A professional accounting qualification (ACCA, ICAN etc.) and an MBA will be an added advantage.
- Experience of using databases, spreadsheets for accounting and reporting purposes.
- 2-3 years post-graduation experience
Interested candidates should email a copy of their CV with a digital passport picture embedded at the top of the CV. Use the job Ref FBW in your email subject line. Send your emails to firstname.lastname@example.org on or before 1st May, 2012.
How to Apply
Interested candidates should follow the detail information given on each of the positions. Application closes on or before 1st May, 2012.