Senior Lecturers job at Landmark University Nigeria January 2013
Landmark University is a private University approved by the Federal Government of Nigeria. It is established world Mission Agency, which is an arm of the living Faith Worldwide. As an apex educational institution, it will focus on teaching, learning, research, and community service by promoting a lasting culture of excellence for the advancement of humanity. In pursuit of the goal of building a strong research based university, it seeks to employ research active academics either as visiting scholars, sabbatical staffer on regular appointment from all over the world. The newly completed campus is an IT driven campus which empowers every focused academic to flow into a flying career experience.
Position: Senior Lecturer
Salary Scale: (Unique Package for Eminent Scholars)
Remuneration and other conditions of service
- Our total package is aimed at motivating faculty to being their best. The university is determined to offer all her employees, a globally-competitive, career-fulfilling package. This package is offered on two platforms: salary and non salary package as indicate below.
- (LUASS 12=3,205,172-4,569,172)
Candidates are required in the following Colleges/Departments and Programmes:
College of Agricultural Sciences (CAS)
A. School of Agriculture
- Animal Science
- Crop Science
- Soil science
- Agricultural Extension & Rural Development
- Agricultural Economics
College of Science & Engineering (CSE)
A. School of Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
- Chemical Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Agricultural Engineering
B. School of Sciences
- Industrial Chemistry
- Industrial Physics
- Computer Science
College of Business & Social Sciences (CBSS)
A. School of Business
- Banking & Finance
- Business Administration
B. School of Social Sciences
- Political Science
- International Relations
Qualifications and Requirements
- In all cases, candidates are required to possess appropriate skills and orientations for respective discipline as well as possess teaching abilities with adequate research experience.
- Candidates must possess Ph.D. degree with specialization in the discipline applied for with evidence of academic leadership in terms of publications, project design execution and monitoring, administrative leadership etc, at least 7 years of post qualification, fulltime, relevant teaching and research experience.
The University in addition provides the following conditions of service:
- An Encompassing and empowering (Physical, moral and spiritual) environment that allow focus and concentration;
- Maintenance of the stable academic calendar.
- Well-stocked Library with current publications (books, journals and multimedia centre);
- State of the art Laboratories, Workshops and specialized Facilities;
- Full internet service
- Sponsorship of international and local conferences:
- Research and Development Grants:
- Support for continuous academic and professional development;
- Openness to international collaborations with other institutions;
- 24 hour electricity and water supply;
- 24 hour campus security and intelligence crew;
- Residential arrangement for both staff and students etc.
Method of Application:
- Ten (10) copies of their applications and detailed Curriculum Vitae (stating their names; dates of birth; state of origin/nationality; marital status etc.
- Institutions attended (with dates) Academic and professional qualifications (with dates); honors, distinction and membership of learned societies and professional associations or affiliations; Statement of personal research focus an Institutional academic development plan
- Working experience
- Present employment
- Employment Status
- Salary and employer
- Extracurricular activities
- Names and addresses of three (3) Referees (at least one of whom must, where appropriate, be the Head of the applicant’s current place of employment); and 2 of 3 referees should make specific statements on the competence base of the candidate’s research and academic pedigree.
- Three (3) set of credentials.
- Applications should be submitted on or before 3rd May, 2012 to the Registrar’s Office or by postage in a sealed envelope indicating “Vacancies for Academic Staff” at the top left corner of the envelop. Please note that former applicants need to update their application in line with the above. In addition, a soft copy should be forwarded to:
The sealed envelope should be sent to:
P.M.B 1001, Omu Aran, Kwara State,